Logo
Logo
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you win the lottery jackpot, would you share it with your family?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share on:

If you win the lottery jackpot, would you share it with your family?

Let's pretend you solely bought a lottery ticket and it brings you a solid jackpot. Would you share it with your family? By family I mean brothers, sisters, aunties, uncles and other relatives. And by the way, would you share it with your closest people?

• Share on:
    I will definitely share it with my family, i.e. husbend, sons and parents. Not sure if I share it with other relatives, it depends on the jackpot amount. If it was really huge, I would share it with an entire world!

• Share on:
      I would share either. Money come and go and family still stays. I would set up some family business where everyone could earn some cash.

• Share on:
        Hey - definitely it would depend on the size and whether it is an annuity or flat pay out.The biggest problem is the family's perception on how much they should get.You're the one that has been playing lotteries. It would be nice to do something but not where it's going to cause a squabble and it would be hard to draw the line. I read somewhere, where family members started making financial commitments based on what they thought they should be given.

Lee

• Share on:
          Right now I have no idea. I might and I might not. Most of people think that you owe them all the time. If there is no any pressure from the family, then I might share.
          Last edited by LuckyGalMimi; 08-22-2017, 09:17 AM.

• Lee Beaver
            Lee Beaver commented
            Editing a comment
            Ya but I suspect if it was a big win, there would be huge pressure. I was in reading about what happened to some people when they've won. The saddest stories is all the demands that people, family and charities put on winners. Then there are the scammers that use the name of the winner.

Lee

• Share on:
          Of course, the family is always in the first place. No matter how much I win I always share money with my family.

• Share on:
            Of course, this is not discussed

• Share on:
              Lee, back to our discussion. This is a good illustration of your words http://www.lottoexposed.com/lottery-...he-rest-of-us/

• Share on:
                Wow what a read LuckyGalMimi,

Great link. What a rotten kid! But a good read to understanding what can happen and things to think about.

Lee

• Share on:
                  Depending on the prize amount I would help some people. But I would not share the value of the prize. Why should I do ?

• Share on:
                    Maybe I would give house, car to some relatives, maybe to others I would help opening some business. I think it would be better to help asylums, orphanages, foundations that care for poor, sick, and homeless people than help some relatives.

Working...
                    X