Logo
Logo
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if only unique lottery number combinations were allowed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share on:

What if only unique lottery number combinations were allowed?

Hi guys, currently you can create various number combinations. As the result, the jackpot could be won by a few people. What if the lottery number combinations were unique, meaning 1 person = 1 combination. It's possible to track nowadays. What do you think of this whole idea?

• Share on:
    Lila,

Interesting idea! It would mean there could only be one winner for that jackpot.I wonder who the first lottery would be to pick this one up.

Lee

• Share on:
      Ladies, don't you think that it would be economically unprofitable for lotteries? Same number combinations mean more tickets sold! If the combinations were unique, much less tickets would be solved and the jackpot would not be so attractive.

• Share on:
        Good point though wouldn't everyone buy the same number of tickets? Plus, doesn't quick picks go as original standalone tickets? I've never thought about this. If there was a chance that someone could take your number combination, wouldn't you buy tickets faster? Or make sure you lock them in like through a subscription? I wonder how many ticket combinations are purchased by more than one person?

Lee

• Share on:
          Haha, I remember how in 2005 there were 110 winners of the Powerball second prize of total $19.4 million. MUSL even made an investigation and find out that all those winners took their numbers from fortune cookie predictions.

• Lee Beaver
            Lee Beaver commented
            Editing a comment
            What a riot. So I guess they reprinted the same numbers a bunch of times. Thanks for my morning chuckle. So I guess you are in favor of dedicated numbers that others can't choose?

Lee

• Share on:
          You won't be able to buy more tickets than existing number combinations. For Powerball it will be 292,201,338 tickets. It means jackpot would be muuuch less than now.

• Lee Beaver
            Lee Beaver commented
            Editing a comment
            Any idea how many tickets are actually bought especially when the jackpot goes mega? I can imagine it wasn't crazy numbers when you had to buy your ticket at the local corner store. With all the options on international play, I wonder how many get sold.

Lee

• Share on:
          Nah, it's not profitable for lotteries! And the jackpot will be the same amount as if you'd share it with someone else now.

Working...
          X