Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share on:

Charities and Fund Raising and Lotteries

I came across a few lotteries that claimed they give some of their money to charities and then there are the ones that are totally charity based. Does this make them more attractive or does it really matter?

Lee

• Share on:
    I guess it's just a way to collect money. I don't really care about this when I play the lottery, but there are a lot of people who cares.

• Share on:
      Nick,

There are a couple I'm looking at right now. I like the concept that some of the money I spend is actually going to some good cause and I have a chance to win something. Sometimes it's something that would be so out of my budget, it's pretty cool. How about the rest of you? What d you think?

Lee

• Share on:
        How can you be sure the money goes exactly to charities? Who controls such lotteries?

• Share on:
          63rock,

The official ones that are run by a state organizations are easy and they publish where the money goes.A lot of it seems to be directed to sports and education. Raffles like the Princess Margaret Cancer Center Home Lottery again publish the list of winners and how much money goes to the center. When it's a raffle (versus a lottery) I look at the ratio of money to administration and money to the actual charity.

Lee

• Share on:
            Lee, we made an article based on your question http://www.lottoexposed.com/charity-...inwin-for-all/. All are invited to check it out.

• Lee Beaver
              Lee Beaver commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool Nick,

Thanks - interesting read!

Lee
          Working...
          X